I missed my favorite post of the week, “Monday Morning Musings” so I thought I’d try to make up for it today with a little twist. As I sat down to write today’s post I had a 1,000 ideas, so I decided I’d just do a little brain dump for you. Those end up making the best posts anyway, am I right?!
Turkish Towel // Urban Outfitters Sunglasses (similar here) // Dear Keaton Bag // Rodin Lipstick // Super Goop Sunscreen //Land’s End Hat // Tuckernuck Sandals (similar here) // Herbivore Sea Salt Spray
Alright, so here we go…
Life & A New Schedule:
- Life has been both peaceful and crazy lately. I don’t know how to explain it. There has been A LOT going on. I mean, a LOT, but it has also been really calm at the same time…. have you ever felt that way?! It’s weird. I’m used to everything being totally bananas all the time, maybe my attitude has just changed and lets me take it all in stride… only time will tell!
- Ryan and I started a new morning routine after a few weeks of total frustration and we are loving it. One Sunday night we literally listed out what we were going to each do in the morning in 30-minute increments. I realize that sounds ridiculous, but it worked! I am obsessed with our new routine and even though we the plan can vary day to day, at least we are getting most of the important things done first thing in the morning. And I’ve got to say, I kind of look forward to our new 5:15AM wake up call. It feels good to get a head start on the day!
- I’ve gotten back into the workout game after taking about 3 weeks off due to travel, life, etc… but I’ve got to be honest with you I am a muuuuuch better person when I get my body moving each day! Remind me not to fall off the wagon again, okay?!
Weather, Beach, & Gardening
- It’s literally been AMAZING weather here in Florida lately. We are trying to soak it all up before it gets too miserably hot to even get the mail without breaking a sweat. We’ve taken to having all our meals outside and taking Dolly on multiple walks a day. There is really nothing quite like a Florida day when it’s 75 and breezy!
- Last Saturday night we ventured to the beach at sunset and it was kind of unreal. The sky turned pastel pink and the waves were a mesmerizing blue. It was the kind of night you only see in the movies! We vowed to go back more often. It’s only an hour away and SO very worth it!
- Gardening is totally our hobby. I’ve never really said that out loud before, but someone asked me in an interview what my hobby was and I blurted out GARDENING, like a granny! I don’t care, it’s totally my hobby and it has taken over our weekends! I could spend all my days tending to our flowers. Speaking of which, we recently installed flower boxes from GrandinRoad on the railings of our front porch and I’ve been counting down the hours till Saturday when I can finally fill them up.
New Beauty & Closet Finds!
- I know I’ve told you this before, but I am so obsessed with Bumble & Bumble’s thickening spray. I purchased it only a few weeks ago and when I grabbed my bottle this morning it was already feeling low! I AM THAT OBSESSED. Go get it right now. Your fine hair will thank me!
- I’m dying to try lash extensions. My mom gets them and she looks FAB, but I haven’t pulled the trigger quite yet. I did bust out my individual Ardell false lashes the other day and had totally forgotten HOW much I love them! They are so subtle but definitely add a little extra oomph, you know?!
- On Tuesday I picked up this dress from Vineyard Vines and I can not wait to wear it out. It’s easy, breezy and had my name written all over it! I think it’s going to totally become a staple this season.
New in My Kitchen:
- My friend Leah convinced me to try dessert hummus and I am so glad she did! I am now OBSESSED with the brownie batter flavor from Delighted By Hummus, WHY is it so good?! Just slice up some strawberries and D-I-P!
- On a whim the other day I picked up these Dr. Praeger’s kale veggie burgers and oh. my. gosh., both Ryan and I are kind of addicted to them. I’ll fry an egg and put it on top with a little avocado and boom, a fancy-pants meal in under 7 minutes.
She is the actual cutest creature on this planet. I don’t even understand it, so I made her an Instagram and I have literally zero shame about it. Ha! You can follow along at @hellolittledolly.
Phew! I think that’s it, I feel better now. Thanks for reading! 😉