We’re Bringing It Back!
If you’ve been following ABD for a while, you might remember the Desk Obsessed posts we used to do. We would interview a fellow creative and ask them all about how they styled their desks, the pens they liked to use, music they listened to, etc. I always loved those posts because I found it so incredibly interesting to hear what my friends’ spaces looked like, so we’re reviving this old column and bringing it back!
Next week, we will begin our guest interviews, but I thought I’d start off by answering the questions. Here we go, Desk Obsessed is back and better than ever!
1. Is your desk more OCD organized or a little more chaotic?
Typically it’s OCD, but lately it’s a disaster! I’m hoping to fix that ASAP!
2. Coffee or Tea?
Nespresso with steamed cashew milk.
3. Do you work from home, an office, or a shared space?
We have an at home office. It’s little, but it works well for us in this season.
4. What’s your go to pen or pencil?
4. What are you listening to at your desk these days?
I’m a weirdo and like complete silence at work. But, when it’s busy in here, I’ll listen to the “Deep Focus” playlist on Spotify.
6. What daily planner (or app!) do you use?
I use a Simplified Planner (gold dot!) and Google Calendar. If that wasn’t enough, I also have monthly print outs on my wall. It’s intense.
7. Are there snacks or treats within arm’s reach of your desk?:
I always have popcorn nearby. Always.
8. What three things on your desk keep you on track and inspired?:
- Personalized Stationery – It always keeps me writing those thank you notes!
- Post-it Note – I have one on my computer that says “where your treasure is, your heart will be also. – Matt 6:24”
- Framed Photo – My dad took this really pretty picture of Ryan and me at sunset on the beach last year, and I keep it on my desk. It makes my heart happy when I see it.
9. What’s 1 random thing you always have on your desk?
Bobby pins. So very many bobby pins. I have no idea why!
10. What’s your go to resource?
My Pantone Books. Can’t live without them.
You’ll have to let me know what you think about these posts, and check in next week for our first guest post in this series. I have so many of my super talented friends lined up for you… I can’t wait to share!