Good Morning and Happy Monday to you!
Here is just a peek at what I was up to this weekend”¦
Photo 1. A Surprise Baby Shower / Grown-up Tea Party
On Friday morning, my sisters-in-law, mother-in-law and I threw a surprise baby shower for our sweet SIL, Jordana! Lots of our family was in town for the holiday weekend, so we thought it might be fun to surprise her with a little shower to celebrate! We have had so much fun plotting and planning this grown up tea party for weeks, and it was all worth it once we saw the adorable surprised look on her face!
P.S. Stay tuned… I plan on sharing that no-bake Nutella cheesecake recipe soon! It was amazing.
Photo 2. Healthy and Easy Lemon Blueberry Muffin Recipe
On Saturday afternoon, I whipped up a batch of Lemon Blueberry Muffins for Easter brunch. There is nothing quite as good as the smell of fresh muffins baking in your kitchen on a quiet Saturday afternoon… heavenly!
P.S. This recipe was AMAZING! You must try it!
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar (I used organic cocoanut sugar)
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1½ cups flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (if frozen, don’t bother defrosting). I suspect any muffin-friendly fruit would be great!
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- With an electric mixer, use it to beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and beat well, then yogurt and zest.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and sift half of dry ingredients over batter.
- Mix until combined.
- Sift (or add) remaining dry ingredients into batter and mix just until the flour disappears.
- Gently fold in your blueberries (or whatever fruit you’re using).
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the tops are golden.
- Let us know if you try out the recipe! Share a photo on social media with #cookingwithABD & @ashleybrookedesigns
Photo 3: A Sunny Easter Sunday
Easter Sunday is always so magical, even in the mist of the hustle and bustle of ironing Easter dresses, family photos, church, and brunch. It always ends up being one of my favorite holidays. Easter is so full of grace… and pastels. What else could a girl ask for?!
I hope your weekend was equally as lovely, but for now I am off to go get this week started! Cheers to an extra fabulous and productive week!!