Emily Ley’s Desk Obsessions
I’m super excited to introduce you to our fourth Desk Obsessed interview post! Today is all about my crazy talented and powerhouse of a friend, Emily Ley! If you haven’t heard of Emily, then you have been living under a rock and it’s time to get out and order yourself a Simplified Planner.
Emily and I go WAY back. We met years and YEARS ago at a conference and have been friends ever since. We’ve even been in a Mastermind Group together, and she’s my go-to girl for all of my big business questions. My texts to her often look like this: “HELPPPPPP!!” Not only is she a good friend, but she’s one heck of a business lady and momma. I’m honored to have her here and featured in our Desk Obsessed series today!
I hope you enjoy this interview as much as I did!
1. Is your desk more OCD organized or a little more chaotic?
OCD. In a big way. But in the middle of a work day, it typically gets a little crazy. I always make sure to straighten up at the end of the day, to prepare for the next morning, though.
2. Coffee or Tea?
3. Do you work from home, an office, or a shared space?
4. What’s your go to pen or pencil?
5. Are there snacks or treats within arm’s reach of your desk?:
Not usually, but during busy times, I’m a candy-fiend. Gummy bears are my candy of choice.
6.What are you listening to at your desk these days?
7.What three things on your desk keep you on track and inspired?
- A photo of my three kiddos – each a miracle in his or her own way. This reminds me why I do the work I do.
- My Simplified Planner – born from a very overwhelming time in my life, it inspires me (gives me a pinch-me moment) every time I see that little dream come true.
- A notepad my grandmother gave me. She passed away a few years ago, but she taught me my faith and I miss her daily. I’ve never written on it. 🙂
8. What daily planner (or app!) do you use?
9.What’s 1 random thing you always have on your desk?
Someone’s legos or toy cars always end up on my desk. The other day, I looked up and there was a Darth Vader sticker right smack in the middle of my iMac screen.
10. What’s your go to resource?
Asana. It’s a project management system my all-remote team of 7 uses to stay in touch all day. It’s fantastic. Also, iMessage on my computer.
Thanks Emily! Desk Obsessed is a regular feature on my blog and a great way to get to know other creatives and designers. I hope you enjoyed it and check back next week for another interview!
Check back next week for another interview!
See my Desk Obsessions HERE!
Alex Thompson from Persifor : Desk Obsessions
Roxy Te from Society Social : Desk Obsessions
Rhiannon Bosse fromRhiannon Bosse Celebrations: Desk Obsessions