Pack It Up!
Tomorrow Ryan and I are headed to Aruba for the weekend, and we are so excited that we can’t stand it! So I thought it would be fun to share this post I recently did for Style Me Pretty Living on my 5 tips on packing for a weekend getaway! Hopefully this will also serve as a refresher for me too… I need to start packing my weekend bag ASAP!
Packing is my least favorite thing. I most definitely would put mopping our floors and washing a car a head of packaging, it’s just the absolute worst. I, like most women, like options”¦ ALL the options in fact. If I could I would just like to bring everything that way I won’t have any anxiety that I have forgotten something extra important, like a ball gown. It’s a horrifically bad habit that I have. Seriously friends, I needed an intervention after I left for a 3 day trip with three bags (we are talking rolling luggage”¦ not tote bags here), and one of those bags was filled with shoes. And yes, if you are wondering, I pretty much only wore the same lululemon pants and tennis shoes the whole trip, so that was embarrassing.
After said packing mishap I vowed to get my packing life together, because it was making everyone uncomfortable, especially the Bell Men. I thought I couldn’t do it, but I’ve got to tell you the last few trips I have taken I’ve completely outfit planned every single day and I can not tell you how much of a difference it makes. It may have taken me a full day of packing the first few times (with tears, not joking), but now, I’ve got it down to a science. Friends, if there is one thing this Summer you can do, it’s fit a long weekend’s worth of outfits in that weekender bag of yours! It’s time to dust it off and pack like a professional.
Here are my tips for packing efficiently while still bring, what feels like, all the things!
- color coordinate! It’s easier for me when I am packing to be able to mix and match the things you bring, take for example those pretty pink shoes”¦ they will go with pretty much everything I’ve packed for the weekend!
- Two words, ZIP. POUCHES. Okay so I know these are our zip pouches, but I made them because I was having such a hard time packing! They are perfect and keep my jewelry and cosmetic organized plus the bags are easily packable and slip right into the pocket of your suit case!
- Wear the hat. I love a good hat, especially if we are going somewhere tropical where a hat is a must. But I’ve got to be real with you, packing a hat takes up so much room, plus, it’s intensely stressful”¦. What if the hat gets crushed!? Etc. etc. If you can, just wear your had on the plane, not only will people think you are adorable, but deep down inside you will know that you were able to pack those extra shoes!
- Plan in out! If you know you’ll be doing on your trip, try and outfit plan the best you can. I try on all my outfits before (with accessories) so I know when I wake u in the morning that everything has already been vetted and there is no reason to second guess myself. Commit to the look!
- And lastly, if it’s a girl’s weekend”¦ make room for the items you’ll surly bring back! I always pack an extra tote bag inside my suitcase, just in case I do a little shopping on my trip and need a place to put it my treasures. This has saved me countless times on an airplane!
Photography: Danielle Nichol Photography
Ashley Brooke Designs Travel Pouches & ABD x HB Floral Dopp Kit | Loren Hope Necklace & Earrings & Earrings | Persifor Palm Leaf Dress & Embroidered Clutch | Illesteva Sunnies | M.Gemi Pink pumps | J.Crew Polka Dot Bikini, Floral Bikini, Hat | Old Navy Gingham Top | Ann Taylor Loft White Jeans | J.McLaughlin Pink Dress & Picnic Basket Bag & Duffle | Herbivorie Sea Mist | Charming Charlie Green Scalloped Tote | “The Nest” | Society Social Turkish Towel | Bare Republic Sunscreen | Lindsay Phillips Sandals | Jack Rodgers Wedges | L’Oreal Paris Matte Lipstick | Elizabeth Arden Lipstick & Mascara | Real Techniques Make-up Brushes | Wearing ““ Gap Striped Swing Dress, Larson Jennings Watch, & Loren Hope Earrings