Banana Foster for Breakfast? Um, yes!
Oh my gosh, friends… this is amazing. So about a week ago I was in my kitchen (starving) looking for something that had nutritional value, wasn’t hard to make, and the kicker– I needed it to happen with about zero groceries! Lucky for me I found a cup of Greek yogurt, a banana, and a bag of pecans in the kitchen; I laid them out on the counter and thought, “There has to be something I can make with this, right!?”
Well, I was right and THIS turned out delicious, and BONUS it made the kitchen smell MAGICAL. My husband walked in and said, “Whatever you are cooking, I want some!”
Follow the recipe below for the easiest step by step ever….
P.S. You’ll have to let me know if you try this at home! Also, this would make an awesome brunch recipe… all you’ve have to do is multiply the recipe by home many people you are serving. This is good hot (and cold–the Greek yogurt always needs to be cold) or cold after it’s been in the fridge for a few hours. Either way, it’s delicious!
- Nonstick Skillet
- 1 banana
- 5 oz container of Greek Yogurt
- Handful of Pecans
- Pinch of Salt
- Cooking Spray
- Slice the bananas, and smash the pecans.
- Spray pan with non-stick spray, I used cooking oil.
- Place bananas, pecans, 1/4 tsp. of cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. of vanilla, and just a bit of honey
- Place over medium heat and stir until bananas start to carmelize and brown
- Layer in the banana mixture and the Greek yogurt parfait style
- Let us know if you try out this recipe! Share the photo and tag #cookingwithABD + @ashleybrookedesigns