Pizza For Dinner!
Like I promised on Monday, today is all about the easiest homemade pizza recipe you will ever make! My girlfriend Deanna and I have an unhealthy obsession with Papa Johns (double veggie… always ask for double the veggie!!) pizza. It’s our thing, and anytime we get together we drink a bottle of wine, over a very sophisticated $10 pizza, and we are the happiest girls in the entire world. So, you know, it’s January, and we have to look like we are at least trying to eat better. I thought I would re-make our favorite pizza, the fresh way. This is super easy! Also, I put so very many veggies on this thing that it is practically a salad, so no guilt here.
Step 1. Roll out the dough on a greased/ floured pizza stone. I buy my pizza whole wheat dough from Publix in the bakery section. It’s delicious and fresh!
Step 2. Ladle on ready made organic pizza sauce. This is the best sauce there is! When I don’t have time to make my own, I buy this.
Step 3. Top with all of your fave veggies! I usually do onions, tomatoes, green peppers, spinach, and some sliced cooked chicken. The protein help fills you up so you aren’t eating 27 pieces of this glorious thing!
Step 4. Top veggies with slices of fresh mozzarella, friends this is THE best!
Step 5. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and red pepper on top.
Step 6. Brush the crust with coconut oil and sprinkle with garlic powder and salt, then pop it into the oven until bubbly!
Step 7. Grab that bottle of wine, put on your pjs, and get ready for the best meal of your life!
- Publix pizza dough
- L.E. Roselli's Ready-made pizza sauce
- Green Peppers
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Cooked + Sliced Chicken
- Salt & Red Pepper to taste
- Coconut Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Roll out the dough on a greased/ floured pizza stone.
- Ladle on ready-made organic pizza sauce.
- Top with veggies + chicken
- Top veggies & chicken with slices of fresh mozzarella
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and red pepper on top.
- Brush the crust with coconut oil and sprinkle with garlic powder and salt
- Pop it into a 400 degree oven until bubbly
- Grab that bottle of wine, put on your pjs, and get ready for the best meal of your life!
- Let us know if you try out this recipe! Share the photo and tag #cookingwithABD + @ashleybrookedesigns!