Christmas in a Cup.
A few weeks ago I took over Jackson Morgan’s Instagram account to show you a little behind the scenes from the photoshoot for them and I gave you this little teaser! Well, today is your lucky day. I am finally spilling my secrets on the EASIEST spiked peppermint hot cocoa recipe ever. Also, we are going to make it REALLY pretty so that your friends think you are Martha Stewart!
When I say this is the easiet recipe, I mean it. You can totally make it more difficult by making homemade hot cocoa (which isn’t that hard by the way: a little milk, a Hershey bar or two (always, only Hershey), a dash of salt and a drop of Vanilla and boom, you are done!) and homemade whipped cream (<– literally the easiest thing ever!), but since the holidays are here and life is bananas, let’s just use some Reddi-Wip and Swiss Miss and call it a day.
I am convinced that Jackson Morgan cream makes everything better! A few weeks ago, I caught my husband pouring himself a cup of this particular one with a spash of whiskey! When I said “whatcha doin’ over there?” he quickly said, “oh nothing, just making a little Christmas in a cup!”. Ha! So this stuff, friends, is good!
Okay, are you officially ready for the easiest treat of all time?! Good, me too…
1.Rim your mug with crushed peppermint candy.
2. Fill your mug with hot cocoa. (Swiss Miss or Homemade, whatever you fancy!)
3. Pour 1 ounce of Jackson Morgan’s Peppermint Cream into your mug & stir!
4. Top your hot cocoa with toasted marshmallows (click here for my easy toasted marshmallow recipe), a few peppermint pieces, and some whipped cream!
- 1. Jackson Morgan's Mocha Peppermint Cream (1.0z)
- 2. Hot Chocolate (homemade or a packet of Swiss Miss)
- 3. Peppermint Candies
- 4. Jumbo Marshmallows
- 5. Whipped Cream (homemade or Reddi Wip)
- Rim the top of the mug with crushed peppermint, then pour in hot cocoa and Jackson Morgan cream. Top the hot cocoa with toasted marshmallows, crushed candy, and whipped cream!
- Let us know if you try out this recipe! Share the photo and tag #cookingwithABD + @ashleybrookedesigns
5. And then, ENJOY… but not before you take a photo of it so you can brag!