Tips and Tricks for My Favorite Green Smoothie!
Good morning and happy Friday to you! Today’s post is all about my beloved green smoothie! I honestly drink one of these almost every single day (proof here and here), which is crazy, I know. I am not a huge lunch person (I feel like it just gets in my way), so I have perfected this green smoothie as my go-to lunch! It’s suuuuper easy and delicious, especially if you pair it with some popcorn (#priorities)! I wanted to share this recipe because I have found a few secret tricks that make the normal green smoothie 100% tastier. There are two ingredients that you cannot leave out: #1. Natalie’s Orange Juice. Gah, it’s just the best orange juice in the state of Florida–seriously. I love this stuff so much and these little bottles are perfect since you really only need just about a splash and a 1/2 for the smoothie! And #2. Coconut water! In normal, every day life, I hate coconut water. I think it tastes horrible… I’d much rather stick to my regular water, but in a smoothie, it’s coconut heaven. Don’t skip these two ingredients!
- 1 cup of frozen kale
- 1/2 cup of coconut water
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple cubes
- 1/2 banana (preferably frozen)
- 1/3 cup mango cubes
- 1/4 cup (or 1 scoop) of vanilla protein powder (I use the Publix brand)
- 1/4 cup of Natalie's Orange Juice
- 3-5 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in blender
- Blend on high for 20 seconds
- Add more Natalie's Orange Juice if the constistency isn't thick enough / add more ice if it is too thin.
- Blend again on high for 20 seconds
- Pour contents into your favorite sassy Ashley Brooke Designs tumbler!
- Sip and enjoy!
- Let us know if you try out the recipe! Share a photo on social media with #cookingwithABD & @ashleybrookedesigns
In partnership with Natalie’s Orange Juice.