The. Best. Salad. Ever.
To be completely and utterly honest… I am obsessed with this salad. like really (really) obsessed with it. So I just had to share with you!
A few weeks ago I was watching Courtney Kerr’s instagram stories and she mentioned that her friend makes her own at home Hillstone’s Kale Chicken Salad and I stopped in my tracks. Hillstone’s Kale Chicken salad is quite literally my favorite thing on this earth. I order it every single time I go along with a side of fries (duh) and I often crave this salad. So the thought of being able to make it at home was mind-blowing, clearly. I instantly “swiped up” to her friend’s site, The Defining Dish, and have been making it at least once a week ever since!
And last week I put a little peek of the salad on my Instagram stories and my inbox flooded with recipe questions, so I knew that you too would love this recipe as much as I do!
The Best Kale Chicken Salad
- 1 bunch green kale
- 2 tbsp. olive oil ( I use avocado oil)
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1 cup roasted + salted cashews, loosely chopped
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Shredded Chicken
- * avocado… because I add avocado to everything
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Remove the kale from stems, and shred.
- Whisk together olive oil, sesame oil, rice vinegar, coconut aminos, and sesame seeds in a small bowl.
- Place shredded kale and shredded chicken in large bowl, pour in the dressing mixture, and toss.
- Lastly toss in chopped cashews (and optional avocado), and serve!
… and don’t forget to let me know how it works out if you try it. Enjoy!