I’m super excited to introduce you to our second Desk Obsessed interview post! Today, we are sitting down with my incredibly talented friend, Roxy, from Society Social! If this is the first you’ve heard of Roxy, then you’ve been living under a rock, and it’s time you get familiar! Not only does she have a furniture empire (yes, empire), but she and her brother are staring in an upcoming show on HGTV! So, yes, if you are wondering… I do feel fancy by association!
Roxy and I met a few years ago online and became fast friends overnight! We’ve worked together multiple times and have even become besties over the years. You won’t meet a more genuine person in the industry than Roxy. She’s the best of the best!
1. Is your desk more OCD organized or a little more chaotic?
It’s always a cycle! To be neat, it must be messy first!
2. Coffee or Tea?
We’re expecting baby O in December (yay!) so instead of my 2 cups of coffee a day, I’ve scaled back to one! If not coffee, I’ll have my favorite tea on ice with a splash of coconut milk. Harney & Sons Royal Wedding Tea which consists of white tea buds with almond, coconut and vanilla and an abundance of pink rosebuds and petals. It’s delicious!
3. Do you work from home, an office, or a shared space?
I normally work from our shared showroom on Spring Street in NYC! Inslee and I have been sharing an office for almost 4 years now. She showcases her original art and I showcase my original furniture and dÃ©cor. It’s been such a fun, collaborative experience! With that said, I do have a sweet desk set up at home- shown above!
4. What’s your go to pen or pencil?
Le Pen in black!
4. What are you listening to at your desk these days?
I discovered DJ Jeanna (helloitsjeanna) at my gym which is the cutest ever! 305 Fitness features a live DJ in every class (oh NYC, I love you!) and as I was getting my eagle on at my usual Sunday 9am spot, I noticed how much I loved Jeanna’s mixes. They have now been on repeat at Spring Street! So far “Booty Booty Booty” and “1986” are my favorites. Artists include major throwbacks including but not limited to: Berlin, Prince, Janet, Madonna, Elton, Whitney, Mya, Aaliyah, Outkast, Usher, and NSYNC.
6. Are there snacks or treats within arm’s reach of your desk?:
Not normally, but we are located in Soho so there are an unlimited amount of fun and trendy snack options just a short walking distance away whether it’s ChaChaMatcha or Baked by Melissa or By Chloe or Maman”¦the list goes on!
7. What daily planner (or app!) do you use?
Google Calendar””couldn’t live without it and its reminders.
8. What three things on your desk keep you on track and inspired?
- My letter-pressed and gold edged custom stationery by Inslee. I love sending random notes to friends and family!
- An acrylic and gold file organizer with “Sort It Out” on the front in the daintiest font and black and white polka dot folders””stylish organization is key.
- Does this count? The desk itself! It is aptly named the Spring Street Desk and is designed by me and made by the Society Social team and factories! It reminds me of the wonderful things that can happen if you dream it, believe it, and work hard for it. It also reminds me of the amazing people who I’m lucky to work with and have the responsibility to support!
9.What’s your go to resource?
Dropbox where I store my entire life and my collection of Excel spreadsheets that help me keep client projects and budgets on track!
10. What’s 1 random thing you always have on your desk?
Fabric swatches, wallpaper swatches, any and all swatches based on the projects or designs I’m working on!
Thanks Roxy! Desk Obsessed is a regular feature on my blog and a great way to get to know other creatives and designers. I hope you enjoyed it and check back next week for another interview!
Check back next week for another interview!
See my Desk Obsessions HERE!
Alex Thompson from Persifor : Desk Obsessions