Grainy, but good!
Yesterday morning we packed up the car, Dolly included and drove to Montage Palmetto Bluff in South Carolina. The drive took us about seven hours, which is nuts since it should have only taken 4.5 (traffic was terrible!). But we had such a great time together that it didn’t really matter. Dolly did an amazing job being cooped up in that tiny crate of hers for a whopping 7 hours and Ryan and I chatted the entire way about our dreams and life goals. Even though the ride took us way longer than we intended we were glad for the time together. Plus it was really fun to see Dolly in the back seat just playing with her toys, proof of all our hard crate training work paying off!
Once we arrived a Palmetto Bluff we settled in with wine and a walk around the property. Dolly was an instant hit with everyone which made it all the more fun. Little girls love her and before we knew it we had a little gathering of kiddos snuggling her. It was adorable. One of the kind Montage team members even snapped this grainy but sweet photo of the three of us on our way to dinner which turned out so cute!
We are here in South Carolina for a couple days for work filming a few beauty tutorials with one of my good friends Kate from the Small Things Blog (she’s the best!) and shooting some exciting Spring content! So make sure you’re following along on Instagram as I’m sure I’ll be sharing some fun moments from the trip!
5 Things I’m Loving
1. This Elizabeth McKay Flutter Dress – This is my first Elizabeth McKay dress and I am kind of obsessed with it! Not only is it super comfortable, but it’s also really flattering! The perfect lightweight Springtime dress! (I’m wearing in the photo above).
2. Kite Hill Dairy Free Cream Cheese – As you may remember, I’ve been dairy free for over a year now and I’m still on the hunt for dairy-free substitutes, so when I came across Kite Hill’s dairy-free cream cheese this past weekend I knew I had to try it. I can honestly say that it’s amazing.
3. How I Built This Podcase – Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream – NPR’s The How I Built This podcast is one of mine and Ryan’s favorite to listen to. On our drive yesterday we to listened to Jeni’s interview and it was so inspiring! If you get a chance I’d definitely give it a listen!
4. Iris – I know I mentioned this yesterday, but the Iris documentary on Netflix is so good! I watched it over the weekend and I haven’t stopped talking about it since!
5. Pink Sweater – A few weeks ago I bought this pink sweater kind of on a whim (it was only $26!), when I saw it online I instantly loved the cut and color but wasn’t sold on it being a keeper until it came in. I have honestly worn this sweater (no lie) at least 5 times since I got it two weeks ago. I’m obsessed with it and it’s the perfect pink.
That’s it! Thanks for letting me change up my “musings” post from Monday to Tuesday this week. It’s going to be a whirlwind over the next 36 hours or so, but I’m excited to show you the tutorials I’m working on up here!
I love Kite Hill Dairy Free Cream Cheese! They just started carrying it at the Publix up here. 🙂
BTW Dolly is the sweetest!
OMG it is SOOOOO good! How am I just now hearing about this stuff?! xx – AB
I love The Small Things blog! I can’t wait to see what you guys create together! xAllie http://www.theallthatglittersblog.com
Isn’t Kate the best?! I am so thrilled for you to see what we’ve been cooking up!
xo – Ashley Brooke