Fresh blueberries are all over the market right now and I can’t get enough. Over the Fourth of July weekend I whipped up a batch of blueberry muffins really to bring to my in-laws, and instantly I was in love! This was the first time I’d ever made blueberry muffins (I’ve made tons of blueberry things just never blueberry muffins, weird right?! I know…) and thought they’d be the perfect festive treat! Not only did I fall head over heals for this recipe but my husband asks for them constantly! Now that I’ve made you drool… here is the recipe for the best blueberry muffins EVER!!!
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 25 Min
Ready In: 40 Min
Yield 8 large muffins
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/3 cup vegetable oil
* 1 egg
* 1/3 cup milk
* 1 cup fresh blueberries
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/4 cup butter, cubed
* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
2. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
3. To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
Enjoy! Have a lovely weekend! xo- AB
Recipe found at AllRecipes.com
Photo Credit: MyRecipes.com & MarthaStewart.com
Download this month’s FREE ABD
iPhone or BlackBerry Wallpaper!